View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 10:24 PM
HemiLonestar's Avatar
HemiLonestar HemiLonestar is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: MD
Age: 43
Posts: 3,232
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Well, if we want to get "technical", there is no "sending unit". As per the factory parts book:
11 53020827 1 EK0, EV0 PUMP, Engine Oil
17 04868672AA 1 EK0, EV0 SWITCH, Oil Pressure

I don't know if its a regional thing, as I'm from NJ and we've always generically called anything that sends a signal to a gauge or the computer as a sending unit. I've never heard of a pump itself being called a sending unit. Hopefully the OP got what he needed out of this.

To the OP, these will help:
Factory service manual, click on link, then click on green download button off to right
Factory parts manual

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar "Big Red" (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T "Little Red"
Sarcasm - it beats killing people

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 01-07-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Reply With Quote