Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:81
1500ram12 will become famous soon enough
Default 1st impressions of the Bullydog GT Hemi Plus 11-12

This is my first bullydog product and first gas tuner. Opening the shipping box I was very surprised at how small the tuner it self was. Smaller than a credit card.

Downloading the software:
Downloading the update agent was a no brainer. The instructions want you to use a Microsd card adapter provided with the kit but the driver wizard on the computer wants you to plug in the tuner its self. So This is where it was part user error and part bulldog needing to put out a little better instructions. First I used the supplied adapter to download the update to the Microsd card and it seemed to take. So after it was downloaded a screen pops up giving instructions to power up the tuner press the second button from top to esc from usb mode. So this would mean that the tuner should be plugged into the computer. So I put the microsd card in the tuner used the supplied usb cord and plugged it in. It booted up but wouldn't let me do anything. So about an hour later of uninstalling and re installing the software and update and getting know where I had to take a break.(started a 4 am on sunday morning, so no tech support help available) so I waited about 45 min for the sun to come up a little and for the snow to all but stop went out to the truck and started to run the power supply for the tuner. 45 min later and freezing got it ran, hooked to a power source. I still need to find a fuse that is "keyed on". So I figured I'd plug the tuner in and see what would happened. Go though the steps of updating and installing and vehicle not supported appears. After a few more tries downloading the software update it finally took and was able to tune my truck

The Tune:
Three options to choose from. Stock, Regular, and Performance. I went with regular to start with since I have a full tank of 87. Left a majority of the options stock along with wheel size rpm shift points at WOT. Changed speed limit to 116, turned MDS off. After letting the tuner do it's thing and cycling the key a few times it was ready to go. Luckily I had to go get some groceries so it gave me an excuse to go for a ride. As soon as I touched the throttle I could tell it was different. I didn't go WOT right off just wanted to get a feel of the throttle response and relatively normal driving. Throttle response is excellent, not a huge difference in power but a noticeable difference. I was able to take a 20 mile round trip later to see "highway" speeds. I did get to pass a few people and I did notice that it had more "get up and go". From that little trip I did gain .5 mpg.

Overall Impressions Thus Far:
For giving canned tunes and the setting they allow you to change, it's not bad tuner. I haven't had a lot of driving time with it and time to play with the tuner. I'm hoping in the next day or two to do some data logging with it and post some numbers. I'll keep giving updates on mpg's and thoughts on how everything is working together.