View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BurntCherryCoke View Post

Are the tuners voiding the warranty though?
Yea I saw the diablo tuner on AA, unless it was increasing the mpg by 7-10 on the highway, i can't see spending $600.

Yea i've heard about blocking the air flowing through the grill, wouldn't you need a hood to have vents in it at that point so the engine cavity doesn't get too hot?
The tuner thing has been well discussed on here as far as warranty goes. And you wouldn't block off the entire grill and having a vented hood would be sending you back to square one. 2013s are going to have grill shutters that shut when not needed and open when more air flow is needed. I'm wondering if they can be retrofitted. As far as aero mods go doing a mirror delete would probably have the biggest gain of them all. The factory mirrors catch a lot of air.

Like I said when you think of MPG mods you need to think of everyone as a drop of rain. One drop isn't always all that noticeable , but when added up you have a puddle. If you did a full out hyper miler build my guess is 25mpg highway is the max you'll see out of these trucks.

Keep in mind your truck will get a lot better after roughly 5000 miles and switching to summer gas.

Last edited by mikennrg; 01-09-2013 at 01:54 AM.