Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Atlantic blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
lodgepole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzvoodoo View Post
I recently just purchased a 2002 quad cab 4.7 1500 ram. I have been playing with it all day today cleaning it up and getting it the way I want it. I had a few questions.

1. how do I turn on my fog lights? I think I have to pull the switch OUT / TO the rear but when I do that nothing happens. I push that huge switch right back in and still nothing happens. What does pulling the head light switch do for my life???

2. How in the world do I get my windshield washer blades / Arms to go Lower. I found out how to take them off but they only go on into one position. They are not drastically in my field of view but I would prefer them to be 1 inch lower if I could get them that way.

3. My truck has power locks. I can hit the unlock and lock button on the panel all day long but the truck did not come with any key fob remotes. If I order a key fob on ebay does anyone know how to program a new wireless unlock keyfob? I know on the mustangs you insert the key and turn it from Accesory to off 8 times and then after the 8th time you press a button on the remote and it learns the new code for that remote. By the way Both of my keys are black. One has a picture of a ram and the other says Crysler for some odd reason.

4 Is there any way to get the center console / seat to slide back any? I feel under it and it looks to be bolted in. I am new to the truck and have been finding all sorts of secret tricks and compartments. Also does the center seat Recline at all?

5 The rear view mirror on the inside of the truck has a small button on it. I press it many times expecting it to be a dimmer of some sort but nothing seems to happen when I press it.

6. The truck has infinity speakers ( infiniti logo's) but the music and sound is not the best quality. It is actually a little poppy / choppy when you turn the volume up. I found that the speakers in the rear are a little better so i have music going to them 80% right now. Do people generally have issues with the speakers blowing????????? or the amps going???????? and if it is the amps where do i find them?????
The key fob comes with a receiver unit that plugs into the back side of the speedometer. They have to be programed to each other even though they come in the same box. (how stupid) Dealer programed mine.
The button on the mirror makes it self dim or not when lights from behind hit it.
The center seat/ console move foreward or back with the passenger seat.
My sound is pretty good even withought the Infinities. Original with no problems.
Might want to order an OEM user manual.