View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
Yes, according to the shop the pcm is sending the signal to randomly engage and disengage the tcc even when it is not supposed to. This problem didn't exist until they rebuilt the transmission and replaced everything. They have now said they replaced all of the sensors again (I'm skeptical) and it is still bad. I think the torque converter could be causing this just as well though. I am taking the truck to have the pcm checked and would really like to get my hands on some schematics so I can troubleshoot the thing myself.
Sounds like they may have either shorted out the computer or maybe they weren't very careful removing the transmission or installing it and could have cut a TCC wire so you have this intermitant connection. I think I can help you out with some wiring diagrams, I cannot upload them now because I'm away from my computer that has all the schematics. But I'm sure when you take the vehicle to the dealer they will have a much better diagnostics tool which can test the computer and give you an idea if it is good or bad.