View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 01:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1998 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SS/T
Color: Red with Silver Strips
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
seancrawford is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcoolvinilla View Post
The dealer I bought my 97 Ram 1500 4x4 down in GA had a new Indy model but he wanted 5k over sticker. Did anyone who bought one new ever pay sticker or below? I loved the truck but was not going to pay 5k over sticker.
5k over!? wow no. I have a 98 SS/T my dad bought it in 2001 as the second owner for $10,295 with only 15,678 miles on it. I love my truck too death but I wouldnt have paid over the sticker price.. I mean yeah the performance is amazing im almost 18 and Its been mine for about a year now. I mean I lost control and wrecked it last winter showing off to the gf (the only damage was the bumper tho!) my buddy has a 94 svt lighting and my truck keeps up just fine. Ive only had a few problems with mine, the clear coat is coming off(typical for our year of trucks) and I have a bad bearing in my rear end so it whines like crazy i hear its common in our rear ends but its been this way for the past two years i plan on fixing it soon. I got a new bumper step bars and rear roll pan for christmas I just need to get the new plastic for the front bumper which is cost way to much in my opinon. I plan on getting 2" rear lowing shackles on it soon to even the stance and less body roll. I have so many questions about my truck bc I dont wanna screw it up since there are so few of them. I still have the window sticker at home yeah 18mpg my ass I get 10-12 when im lucky. I want to completely restore it. Its red with silver stripes. the thing has so much power to weight ratio I mean if the road is damp at all I can be going 35-40mph and hammer it and lose the rear end, its a amazing truck and Im glad to finally find some other owners. Ill try to upload some pictures soon but im at school right now. it was ordered with the cloth seats with every color in the ranbow black dash with the fake wood grain around all of the radio and gauge cluster but it has a tan head liner whitch shows any dirt at all i hate it. My dad had a flow master muffler with dual outlets put on it I plan on getting headers and running true duals all the way back with only performance cats bc i love the krackle it makes. Does anyone know where to get the stripe kit made for when I repaint it? I dont want to paint on the stripes I dont wanna look like some of the people in town that painted them on, the ones who try to race me thinking mines a fake... well im sure they can describe the roar of my sst fish tailing at take of and leaving their sorry ass's before we even get thru the intersection lmao.