Vehicle: 2012 R/T, 2000 Ram Off Road
Trim Level: R/T / Larmie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
frickenbored will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRQC View Post
I do believe that there is a 1500 diesel to come, it only makes sense.
As far as Chevy using the RFE....I doubt it. Dodge is great when it comes to power plants, but have always been known for missing the mark when it comes to the transmissions.
I agree chrysler transmissions are not the best. The 727 was a good trans but other than that I have not been impressed. The 41te is known for blowing apart, the 42rle is not much better, the 62te is ok but I've had countless amounts of people bring in their minvans or journeys complaining about shift quality, and I've already built way to many underdrive compounders than I should have. The RFE's are pretty good strong transmissions but they eat up way too much of the engines power. The NAG1 is a fantastic trans, almost unbreakable but thats a german built/designed trans and the new 8 speed looks like it will be pretty much just as good but again its not a chrysler designed trans. The CVT...garbage, but thats a trans from japan. The dual dry clutch trans in the dart...its too early to tell if that will be any good, audi's been using them for a long time, but last I heard chrysler will scrap that and go with a Hundai 6speed trans in the Dart.

Now I do know that GM did buy the two-mode hybrid durango transmission from chrysler, but I would be very surprised to see them buy the RFE. I can't see it happening. From what I've been reading online it looks like GM and Ford are actually designing transmissions together.

Sorry for my long rant.