View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

What gearing did the vette have? And what brand converter was it?

I live in FL so no not often in the hills, however I hauled ~1,000-1,500lb from FL to TN then TN to AR then AR to FL (2600 miles in 1 week) last July. The truck had to kick down from 6th to 5th on the steep grades(holding 75mph) but it did that stock too. I have 3.55's and am quad cab. It drove great through the mountains, I didn't feel like it was shifting too much or holding low gears or anything like that. My converter is a billet edge. Like I said even on moderate grades it wouldn't leave 6th gear, so with your hemi and 4.10's you should be fine. But it's all relative...

And IMO if you are buying a converter, go aftermarket. Edge and Circle D seem to be the most popular for the ram 1500s. You'll pay the same price for the RT converter but aftermarket is probably better.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.