Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Graphite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:72
simonmw75 will become famous soon enough

I had a similar issue with my 02. My headlights just quit working. Like most of us, i hit the forumz for similar issues. Long story short, it turned out to be corrosion inside the fuse box assembly under the hood. Seems that either thru bad design or whatever, water found its way onto the printed circuit board and caused enough corrosion of the wire closest to the edge of the board. Turns out that was the wire for the headlights. Cost for a new circuit board would have been $700. Cost for the shop to replace it would have brought it up to around $1000. F that.

What i did, and what led to my discovery, was the complete disassembly of the fuse box. That means removing it from the vehicle, and taking note of where each fuse goes, cuz i had to pull them all out. Once i got to that circuit board, i could see the delamination of the board and what wire to test. To fix the wire, i used a wire brush to clean and remove corrosion, then used a solder gun to reconnect it. Or i could have ran a new wire. It may seem odd to use a wire brush to clean a wire, but remember, it is running through the layers of the board, not open and surrounded by plastic. My multimeter also helped me troubleshoot.

Hope this helps