View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: Bighorn Edition
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:126
wolfman01 will become famous soon enoughwolfman01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandchef View Post
Exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread. I must admit, if I was your Dad, I would have parked the truck and put you in a $2000 beater until you showed the necessary maturity. Not just because you had an accident; I don't think any 16 yo young man has that level of maturity. I remember what it was like to be 16.

More importantly, I'm glad you're OK and thank goodness you didn't hurt anyone. This is a lot of truck for someone who is 16, especially with the Hemi. It could have been a lot worse.

Your insurance question, whether your insurance will cover the mods, is not straight forward. It differs from company to company and state to state but you will likely be OK; your mods are fairly minor. You should inform your insurance if you modify your truck; this way the mods are on record. If the mods are expensive it may require additional premium for them to be covered. Make sure you keep receipts. However, engine mods are usually not covered and can actually prevent you from getting regular insurance. Again it differs from company to company and state to state. If you do really heavy mods you may need to go with specialty insurance. This insurance is usually agreed value. Depending on the use of the vehicle it can be fairly cheap or incredibly expensive.

PS. By the way Jolley, lose that stupid sticker on the windshield. All it does is show your immaturity.

x2. Seeing a sticker like that on a truck involved in a head on collision, with the driver in a hurry would make me want to upgrade a ticket to a wreckless driving offense if I was to be a cop.

At least the kid lived to learn. Many do not. I was made to buy and insure my own car when I wanted to drive. That was enough to make me appreciate the expense associated with it. This is an example of why kids should not be given vehicles.
1995 Tiffin Allegro Bay (46k)
1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra (97k)