Old 01-19-2013, 06:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough
Default HemiFever is the MAN!

I wish I would have seen his add for the t1000 with his tunes already installed, would have saved time and money. I was not to overly impressed with Diablos tunes. Plus after installing all the programs, pulling and copying files and downloads and several tunings, what a pain I could have saved myself with preinstalled tunes.

I Highly recommend, do not buy your tuner from anyone else, if you are looking for real performance. I have had vehicles custom tuned before, and his tune is one of the best overall improvements I have ever had. If you want a couple of mods and just a better drivability and gas mileage then Diablos stuff is fine, not bad at all.

I am talking by the way the truck drives now, everything I have wanted to be able to do in a tune, he has done it. I notice that the vehicle downshifts and takes off better at mid throttle applications, my truck now feels much like a custom tuned sports car. It holds the gears a little longer when you are romping around. At WOT the shifting is right on gear banging machine, real firm and fast. It downshifts with much less throttle application and takes off faster when you want more speed. I had to really mash the throttle to get it downshift before. When just putting around or driving to work, I barely touch the gas now. When getting on it just a little the truck just hauls ass. I swear I think he just completely got rid of the torque management. At low rpms, the truck is totally different, it feels soooo powerfull, like what I thought a 400hp truck should feel like.

I remember back in 88, my Mustang LX with a 5.0 and 5 speed, could smoke the tires at a whim, doing donuts in an empty parking lot was a breeze, kicking the tail out in corners with a little drift on track days was a blast. That was only 215hp and 300tq, but it would only pull 15 second 1/4s even with a bunch of bolt ons. I thought this truck was a slug with 390hp and 407tq and I could barely chirp the tires! Now it reminds me of how my first vette ran, and its almost as fast. Wait till I finish my engine mods. Now I know I might blow the tranny with all this weight and power, but I understand you gotta pay to play sometimes. This truck stock was running 14.5's in the 1/4, and 6.5 0 to 60s. I got some pics of some runs now with Hemifevers tune in it. Now with the Diablo tunes, after a couple of days of driving I ran some numbers and barely ran any faster, 0 to 60 in the low 6's.

This thing even with 3.55s, well look at the pics. First pic is my first run, peeling out like crazy, plus nice 1 to 2 chirp, the second pic is after I got used to modulating the throttle, my best run, but my average was about 5.75 second runs. Stock fastest was 6.48s, 6.5 to 6.6 average, and Diablo tune fastest was 6.28, average 6.3 to 6.4 with a nice chirp off the line.

I am gonna need some more rubber in the back, and now am totally rethinking about keeping the 3.55s and forgoing the 4.10 gear swap, especially after I get my torque converter. Keep in mind, this is Vegas, 2000' elevation average, what would this run in Cali? My vehicles always feel much faster when I am in California.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-01-17 06.23.32.jpg (98.5 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg 2013-01-17 06.25.10.jpg (97.9 KB, 160 views)
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes

Last edited by hodgeee; 01-19-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: double posted some items
Sponsored links