View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 10:31 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlea0 View Post
What did you use to paint frame and driveshaft? Anything that lasts?
Excellent longevity, yes.

Be sure to wirebrush prep it first and a good wipedown for a solid adhering surface.

http://www.por15.com/

I'll throw this out there: there is a school of thought who claims that applying ANY type of paint to under-vehicle components/parts is NOT a good call. They claim that surface rust coating you see on underbody components actually acts like a protective barrier for the part in question, hence slowing down and avoiding any further oxidation.

I don't buy it.

So ask around and pursue your chosen route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlea0 View Post
Pipes and muffler completely brown!
You are speaking of the OEM exhaust with ALL OEM parts, correct?

Grub out!