Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
climbto410 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
Okay, I just got done installing this kit in my 2012. I had a horrible time, but I finally figured it out. Below are some issues that I ran into but figured out.

1. When you install the software using the XKLoader2, plug the red plug into XKLoader2 and the white plug into the DB-ALL.

2. I am not sure if this is necessary, but it worked for me. I used the Chrysler v5.01 on the xpresskit website. I tried it with the v5.06 but it didn't work (I also think the above problem contributed to this, but it is working now and I am not going to mess with it.)

Once I got this figured out, all went well. It was super easy to install and the DB-ALL has two slots for zipties to fit through. I just secured it to the dash frame and buttoned everything up! Three locks on the key fob and it starts like a champ!
Hope this can help some of you out there, and if you are in the STL area and need to borrow the XKLoader2, just hit me up and we can meet up!

If anyone is having problems getting the remote start to work, I would recommend purchasing the xkloader2 and flash it yourself. I ran into the same problem with my 2011 Dodge Ram where v5.06 didnt work but v5.01 worked perfect.