View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dma View Post
Hi everyone, i have a 01 ram 1500 4x4. I was out plowing snow today and the trans temp light came on in dash, i raised plow and continued to drive truck slowly (5 mph) to cool tranny so i thought. After about 60 seconds to truck abruptly shut itself down and will not start again, the engine cranks but not go...
It almost seems like it is a fuel prob, i dont smell fuel after cranking and the pump doesnt seem like it cycles with the key, fraction of a second maybe. Is there something that could cause a fuel issue after tranny overheating or is this a total coinsidance? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Oh i did swap fuel pump and asd relays and no change
wow, that is some situation you are having.... i don't really have an idea myself of what the problem may be in your case, but i would start out with doing a fuel pressure test to well make sure it isn't related to fuel.
are you throwing any codes or anything? i am wondering if maybe your computer died... or maybe a short somewhere or something. it is just odd that it would just up and die like that, certainly fuel pump issue would do it or hect busted fuel line, but you say you don't smell any fuel so there goes that theory.