DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram725 Lift & More Build

76K views 752 replies 34 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
I had another build thread but it was more my initial question then it was a build thread. We started installing yesterday at the offroad shop I used to work at. We are just doing it after hours so it's taken a few more days. Hoping to be done tomorrow. I will continue doing more to the truck in phases, thinking Road Armor or Ironbull bumpers next.

Bought the truck in July from the dealership I am a manager at. Decided instantly I wanted to lift it. I've owned many dodges and other lifted trucks from diesels to other half tons. This however has been my favorite project.

Truck:
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
3.55 Gears
Hemi

Lift:
6" RCX
Kicker Bar
Bilstein 5100s at 2.1"
Tires:
37x13.50x20 Toyo Mt
Wheels:
20x10 Fuel Hostages Black
Misc Mods:
Bedliner
Tint
Exhaust

So far we have about 4-5 work hours in it, hoping to have it done tomorrow. We have it at a new property we bought in Old Katy Tx. Nice to have a full lift and space to work.

See less See more
#162 ·
As i've stated, not the best at painting. Kicker bars - easy and cant be seen up close. Intake - will be right upfront and more important to me to be done right. I get paint work done at dealer cost. So not real concerned. But nothing crazy. Just plain PDM Mineral Gray

#164 ·
Depending on how busy they are I may wait on the engine cover and either do it myself or wait till I have some design I decide I want. If they can do it quickly then I will let them do it. But right now I am just hoping they can do the intake tomorrow so I can get it put on ASAP.

#165 ·
Paint shop can't get to it till next. What do you guys think I should do, wait till next week to put it on and have it painted because I will look bada** or install it today because a painted intake isn't worth the wait

#167 ·
i say put it on today and screw it... just have them do it sometime before Gatty :smileup:

#169 ·
eh... thats how i am too. you wont really see it that much, so i say put it on

#171 ·
Hmmmmmm that but at the same time it's one of those small things that can make a difference and separate the truck from others. Plus it's only a few more days. I feel like I'll regret not waiting

#177 ·
what are you going to have done on the interior??

#181 ·
im excited to see this now :smileup: i would like to change all the grey on my interior to black, i think im going to try and change it seeing as how the dye is pretty cheap. you still wanting to get the color matched grille and bumper??

#182 ·
No, im going to run IronBull bumpers. So no need for a color matched bumper. May paint the rear down the road until it gets replaced. The grill will probably stay Chrome for a while. Down the road I'll get a black mesh put in that I like. Still researching different companies. We have a steel mesh on our show truck that was custom painted to match the truck and I absolutely loved it.

#185 ·
yea i would keep them black to have something to go with the black rims. you think about doing a temporary black grille and bumpers til then??

#190 ·
#196 ·
Nah thats me with the big ass dip in my mouth and my workout jacket... Haha

Ya it was fun, buddy of mine does car photoshoots, so it was free and I got some sweet pics.. The sun was setting so we didnt have a ton of time or else we would've gotten more. He got over 120 pics in 30 min

I dont know why I starred at the camera the entire time, never thought about the awkward photo haha

#201 ·
WOW. awesome awesome ride and great pics. although I kinda cringed seein that clean thing go through the puddle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.