Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
gopackgo69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
It takes a long time for these items to pay for themselves before you actually save money, think about it and do the math. Most of this stuff is installed because we just want them...The idea of better mpg's is the excuse we used to convince the wife or our selves.

The absolute best gas save is your right foot, it's the only method that will actually save you money without cost you some first!

PS: I have a bed cover on my current truck and I have had them on previous trucks and they DO NOT help mpg's in any way, that's BS! It does do a great job keeping things nice and dry!

I agree completely. The money spent compared to how long it takes to finally start saving money, isn't realized. The right foot plays the biggest part in fuel savings. In my experience a tuner on performance setting with 91-93 octane will give me a 2-3 mpg gain overall. i didn't buy the tuners for mpg, but for power. The extra mileage was just a plus.

Also I never saw an increase with cai's usually a slight decrease.

And one more thing to consider is a new torque converter. I have heard but don't have experience, is that a performance converter will improve mpg's