View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdado7 View Post
Ok guys here is my problem now.Ram2500 done overhaul on my tranny but now tranny would not down shift,trying to contact him got me nowhere.. before i was able to drive van with problem upshifting from 3-rd gear to 4-th ..now cannot drive van at all cause keep shutting down all the time.and sound of differential sound like metal to metal been rubbing. He stated that maybe is fuel pump ,or low engine oil,or that something went wrong while overhaul is done..I did read online that if some of this symptoms happens it would cause someone change ECM unit.. don't know what to think any more.Got car but don't got car..... any ideas what could be wrong
There is nothing wrong with the transmission, I have never had a failure on ANY REBUILD! You brought the van to me and it hadn't any motor oil! I put oil in it for free. It should not have any issues downshifting! The only thing I can think of is that the front servo isn't releasing when downshifting on the 2-1, however if this was the case you wouldn't be able to upshift the 2-3 without binding. Remember it shakes on the downshift and most likely because the engine is trying to stall out, my guess is there is an issue with the torque converter and or the engine.