View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordysGoodworks View Post
I am going to purchase a 2500 ram van when the weather warms up a little. Is there anything specific to these vans to watch out for when looking at used ones?

Thank you for your time,
Gordy
There is plenty to look out for, in my experience they will begin to have differential issues around 130K miles and would require a rebuild. The early to mid 90's models have a transmission issue, don't shift past 2nd unless you take foot off gas. The other thing to keep an eye out for is u-joints, these vans have horrible geometry so they are hard on the u-joints, another thing is to check fuel pressure, they eat up pumps, the older ones really eat up the pumps because chrysler located the fuel tank behind the axle, they changed that in 1998 I think it was 98 they moved the fuel tank to the side of the vehicle. One other thing to keep an eye out for is rust, especially in the front end and rear end, check the leaf spring shackle bracket mounting boxes, they rust out and your rear suspension will collapse. Keep an eye out for the control arms, the upper ones have a tendency to loosen up over time. I could write a book, basically check everything. But the first few things, the u-joints especially, are things that are most common.