View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:127
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMoor91 View Post
Ok is it the one behind the ac cooler? And how should the transmission lines be hooked up? Bc I got a hose just danglin off the bottom of the radiator... With the aux cooler should the radiator be bypassed
I think it is the one behind the A/C cooler, if your vehicle has a power steering cooler then that would be located next to the engine radiator.

Usually the correct setup for a transmission cooler is, transmission pressure line -> anti-drain back valve-> engine radiator cooler-> external cooler-> transmission return.

I don't set it up like this, I setup mine like: trans pressure-> external cooler->eng rad cooler->transmission return.

I setup mine like this because it allows me to remove the anti-drain back valve and still retain the feature of anti-drain back by mounting the external cooler higher than the centerline of the torque converter. But it also allows me to pre-cool the transmission fluid before entering the engines radiator, this ways I don't heat up the engine coolant as much. If you choose to go stock setup, if you actually are under enough of a load the transmission fluid would be able to heat up the engine coolant enough to cause the engine to actually over heat. Happened to me. Oh nascar also uses this setup.