View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:342
Pull Ya is a jewel in the roughPull Ya is a jewel in the roughPull Ya is a jewel in the roughPull Ya is a jewel in the rough

IMHO if you start to mess with the front end of those trucks---04,05,06--you better be prepared to eventually deal with DW. The front ends on those trucks were not built very well and lots and lots of people had trouble with their trucks. While the 5.9 is probably one of the best diesels made the more mod's you do the more potential you have to have problems. Plus the stock auto trans wasn't any real winner either. There are a lot of people that have not had any trouble---yet---but in my experience if you want a good reliable truck that will last you a long time and give you reasonable mileage, leave it alone and just drive it. Mine lasted over 150k, and I had an Edge chip, custom cold air intake and custom exhaust, but I didn't dog it every day from stop light to stop light.
Jay