Vehicle: 2011 Ram Quad Cab 4 x 4
Trim Level: SLT Outdoorsman
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
CanuckHRAM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Hemi Pride View Post
So took a look under my truck a few days ago, and to my surprise, my spare tire was nowhere to be found, nor the nut that holds it in. There is the possibility that it could have fallen off while driving, but I would have heard it. Personally I believe that someone decided to steal it off my truck, somehow without setting off my 2 way alarm, but honestly can't remember when I last checked to make sure it was there.

So what I am getting to, Is there any way to prevent theft or losing the spare, like a way to lock it in (example a chain with a padlock) or something along that line that will secure it in with no way for it to leave my truck without me doing so.
Sorry to hear your spare was stolen. This happened to me on my 2003 RAM when it was a couple of years old. I ended up putting a heavy chain around the new spare tire and attaching it to the frame. Also used a good quality padlock. I figured that it might be enough to be too much of a bother for most thieves to try and steal and I never had it stolen after that.