View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanton View Post
anything you can share with us about why you were talked out of it -- these things are expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherny780 View Post
Yes please share !! I just ordered mine w/ a moes performance ported throttle body 85mm. I am really looking forward to receiving these items and installing them I will definitely share my personal opinion. But am curious why someone wouldn't like this or be talked out of it !

I was talked out of it by ONE person, someone who is on these boards but mostly on another and we chat often.
I have then spoken to about 5-6 others who I speak to normally all who had the k&n or Mopar and have switched out and they LOVE it.

3-4 weeks ago I sold my k&n, didn't notice a change swapping back to stock intake, except for the lack of noise (thank you). I did not like the noise....as it gets old quickly. For me at least.

From what I heard, if you want the noise vararam is not your choice as it is pretty quiet and all you hear is the air being sucked in.
I heard from them the performance is far better and a a couple of those members said they shaved a few tenths off their track time which is pretty good for CAI.

That being said, I ordered my Vararam and waited 3-4 weeks as they were sold out and a new batch was being made.
Picked it up 2 Fridays ago and sold it that day......

You are probably asking why.....but that is because during that wait, I decided to go a different route that did not require a CAI. This route I am taking which will be within a couple of weeks should and will make my truck go FAST

But all in all, I was hoping to use the Vararam. The guy I sold it to we have become friends and he is a member and local to me LOVES IT.

He too paired it with an 87mm TB.
Arth above has it paired with an 85mm TB.

100% recommend it.

If you're interested in the Vararam, reference my username to Jeremiah of Discount Auto Performance (vendor here) and he will take care of you.
He is an authorized dealer to Vararam
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!