View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
JamelG86 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Ram 1500 5.2L - Heat Problems? Try This...

Now this is no permenant fix, nor do I even know why it works the way it works...

I have done two back flushes to my heater core.. Inspected every motor actuactor is working. My heater core melts my finger prints off... Upper rad hose is hot, lower is pretty cold (could be bad circulation from a water pump?)

I have bled and bled and bleddddd the system for DAYS! OK DAYS! I've gone nuts doing it.

So what's this temp fix?

I noticed that when I put my control to MAX A/C (my a/c isn't working don't know why bought this 1.5 months ago now) my heat will build up getting hotter and hotter.

If you drop the glove box you will see a door being shut towards the front of the engine, I believe it's the recirc door... When you put it on any other mode at least on my truck it opens the recirc door completely bringing it towards you. Giving me next to no heat...

So I wedged something in there for the time being to stop the door from closing fully but just open a bit of course for anti fog.

I hope to fix this problem without throwing parts at it. I started having no heat after I did my thermostat..? This was months ago and 3 thermostats later...

I think it's a vacuum related issue... Possibly a bad switch sending wrong recirc door signal?

At least it hasn't blown up yet like my ford 4.6 did
Sponsored links