Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theweavman View Post
Lonewolf,
Not sure what your asking, if your installing a catch can for the first time, nothing will be running out, or requiring a clean up. If your removing your TB, same thing, nothing is going to run out and there are no puddles to deal with..... To clean up your TB, use a good carburetor spray cleaner like Gumout etc.....If your asking about what the catch can catches, it's all liquid engine oil.....If you carefully unscrew the catch can container, you should not spill or loose anything...might get a drop or two of oil from the catch can housing when the container while the container is removed.... I suggest removing the container about every 3 thousand miles for empting and cleaning, as thats about the milage it takes to fill up the container......Hope this answers your questions

What I mean is I have NOT been running a CC since I first got my truck and there is around 10,000 miles on her now. So I'm guessing (from what I hear on here) there's going to be a nice collection (puddle) of oil sitting on the bottom of my intake not just on the bottom of the TB. Now since I will be installing a CC next week I know there will be no future oil collecting in my intake so I would like to get rid of the current collection of oil that has accumulated from NOT running a CC yet.

Thank you though for trying to understand what I meant. How would you get rid of that collection of oil?

Last edited by LoneWolfNY; 01-26-2013 at 12:51 PM.