DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Ram725 Lift & More Build

76K views 752 replies 34 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
I had another build thread but it was more my initial question then it was a build thread. We started installing yesterday at the offroad shop I used to work at. We are just doing it after hours so it's taken a few more days. Hoping to be done tomorrow. I will continue doing more to the truck in phases, thinking Road Armor or Ironbull bumpers next.

Bought the truck in July from the dealership I am a manager at. Decided instantly I wanted to lift it. I've owned many dodges and other lifted trucks from diesels to other half tons. This however has been my favorite project.

Truck:
2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Bighorn
3.55 Gears
Hemi

Lift:
6" RCX
Kicker Bar
Bilstein 5100s at 2.1"
Tires:
37x13.50x20 Toyo Mt
Wheels:
20x10 Fuel Hostages Black
Misc Mods:
Bedliner
Tint
Exhaust

So far we have about 4-5 work hours in it, hoping to have it done tomorrow. We have it at a new property we bought in Old Katy Tx. Nice to have a full lift and space to work.

See less See more
#277 · (Edited)
Got the S&B installed and put some miles on it.

I will have another review thread but it'll say the same thing.

Review:

Price:
Reasonable, paid around $340 Shipped. Ordered from S&B Directly.

Shipping:
Awesome, took 2 days. Came in one large box

Install:
Instructions were great! Very helpful. Tell you exactly what you need.
Install took a little longer than expected but it wasnt S&B parts I had issues with. I had issues taking out stock parts. You have to remove the fender plastic and I had some problems with the push pins. I could not get them out. I eventually just busted the plastic and they stayed in which I then removed with a large wrench. This took me around 30 minutes alone. Although I think the push pins I had werent factory due to the lift and were some random ones we found the day we installed the lift. The other pain was removing the air gauge that is in the intake tube. I wanted to be really careful, so this took me about 20 minutes to just remove from the factory but only took about 2 minutes to re-install. Putting the S&B together and installing it by itself was really easy and maybe took me 20 minutes. Total install time about 2.5 hours for me. Overall the install really wasnt that bad, just took longer than I personally expected.

Advice:
Don't use electric power tools, just too much power and plastic didnt work out well. Use hand tools. Instructions tell you exactly what tools you need.

Product:
Definitely high quality parts. Every thing matches up perfectly and fits snug. All the parts lined up and I had zero issues or concerns over the quality. Real sturdy and fit snug.

Performance:
I can definitely tell a difference over stock. Now I am not going to lie and say it is a huge major upgrade, remember this is just an intake. However, I can definitely tell that I have added it in. You can feel the truck pick up better when you step on it. It definitely roars when you step on it. Not the annoying intake sucking noise, but the motor and exhaust (I am running stock right now) definitely has more of a roar to it. Once again you can tell a difference. MPG I honestly can't say yet, but remember that I have 3.55 gears and 37s... So I do not expect any difference.

Overall:
This is definitely the best intake in my opinion. I absolutely love the intake and couldn't be happier with it. I can tell a difference and feel it. Install is not horrible and neither is the price. The intake looks amazing as well. I would recommend this to anyone and would definitely choose S&B again over another intake.

Okay, time for pics.
Before:

After:

#280 ·
I will eventually

Nice setup, love the color match, great stuff, now you need a billet color match dress up kit for your engine.
Ha, maybe one day I'll decide to put my money into that. But I've got a list that's still full of what to put on

#286 ·
Video didnt work out. Sorry it took me so long to respond, forgot y'all asked.

I should have some new goodies here soon. Debating if I want to post them up or wait till Gatty.. I guess i'll decide after everything is installed. :gy:

#291 ·
I got bored today at work... So I called my parts manager and ordered a Laramie Limited Shift Knob. Looks better. Plus the dark gray in it should match the mineral gray accents I am having done. Either way, if I dont like it i'll just sell it.

#293 ·
No, I plan on getting some here soon. Will be one of my lil Gatty surprises. I've been trying to decide which to go with for a while now. Supposed to meet with my leather guy in 4 weeks while I am back down in Tx. He said he'd have some samples for me. I honestly dont care for leather at all. But if the deal is right then it'll be worth it to me in just straight resale value.

We'll see, this is one of those "If the deal is right" purchases.

#296 ·
nice article, that's cool!

#309 ·
I haven't made a decision yet. They come black. I'll probably leave it black for awhile. Eventually the entire truck will be MG and black. I love those two colors combined. So it'll just be a decision I'll have to make eventually. I may do a black and MG grill, black steps, and sport MG bumper. Only time will tell.

#312 ·
Got the Laramie Limited Shift Knob in. For the price I paid I couldn't be happier.
I like for aftermarket parts to flow with the interior so I didn't want some out of the world shift knob. Got this straight from my dealership.

Part# 1TL461DVAA (Black Laramie Longhorn Shift Knob)

Install took less than 3-5 min. Very easy.

For the price I paid it was a fantastic investment. I love the leather feel. Plus once the interior is painted it will flow 10x better.

Out of the box:

Before:

After:

Comparison:

#313 ·
Got the Laramie Limited Shift Knob in. For the price I paid I couldn't be happier.
I like for aftermarket parts to flow with the interior so I didn't want some out of the world shift knob. Got this straight from my dealership.

Part# 1TL461DVAA (Black Laramie Longhorn Shift Knob)

Install took less than 3-5 min. Very easy.

For the price I paid it was a fantastic investment. I love the leather feel. Plus once the interior is painted it will flow 10x better.

Out of the box:

Before:

After:

Comparison:
That looks killer.

What is the P/N for that?

#314 ·
1TL461DVAA - This is the part# I used. Ordered through my parts department

There is another part# in the system. But this is the one we looked it up under. Just make sure you get the black one. Unless you want tan.

#321 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.