View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Fastman does do good work, and the 84mm is a TRUE 84mm butterfly valve with an 85mm initial bore and has a half-shaft rather than a shaft on either side of the butterfly valve, this will give you a more laminar flow through the TB.

The Moe's 87mm is an 87mm initial bore, but there is no listing what the butterfly bore is, but judging by all the pictures it necks down right at the butterfly. I know that OEM TBs are used to start with, so he's limited to a finite bore and it's definitely not 87mm at the butterfly. The claim is that it will fit with a completely stock motor, so by that fact your entry thickness is extremely thin. If you look at any of the other TB's over 85mm, they are all original casts, so I'm trying to figure out how Matt has done an 87mm without needing a completely new body.