View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
FilthyDog is on a distinguished road
Default You Can do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDReptile View Post
So to check for this oil pool, i can easily remove, then put back in all the stuff to get in there? Won't have to replace seals or anything? And yes your right, I'll be checking rather frequently now that I've got problems showing up.

Anyway, if getting in to check for plenum leaks is do able by A less experienced person like me, I'll do it. Does that video i posted on the last page show how to do it properly?
Yes you can easily remove and put back the air filter housing. All you need is a Phillips. Take of the housing (big black plastic hose) Look down into the intake manifold (use your hand to actuate the throttle body and with your other hand shine a flashlight down.) If there is any pooling of oil at all then you have a blown plenum gasket.

The video you posted starts with the air filter housing and the throttle body removed. So no, it does not show you how to take of the air filter housing.
Mods: Hughes FI Intake, Stainless Steel Short Headers(generic ebay), Rebuilt Cylinder Heads, K&N Cold Air Intake, IAT Mod, Hughes STAGE 1 MODIFIED O.E.M. THROTTLE BODY, High Flow exhaust, LineX Bed Liner