Old 01-29-2013, 12:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: st
Color: white
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
Folsomjack02 is on a distinguished road
Default Do NOT fail to have the inspection done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vklotz View Post
I bought a new Ram 1500 Big Horn in 2008. It came with a lifetime factory warranty. The only requirement stated in the warranty book is that I need to have a dealer inspect the truck every five years. Will I have a problem with the factory or dealer to honor this lifetime warranty?
It is quite clear in the warranty booklet. "Have the free inspection done within 60 days before or after your 5 year ownership date" I have had 60 years of dealing with the big three ( Ford bought back a Mercury Marquis and a LTD under extended warranties and paid full price for the cars plus sales tax ,licence fees and the cost of the warranties and only charged me 10 cents a mile used in both cases) If you fail to have the coupon in your book signed, ---fugedaboudit! they will laugh at you and your story about how the staff said "it dosent matter " They will deny any claim they can and this only take an hour to do and it is free. My first date is July 2 of this year and the last is Nov 1 and I will ger it done--Why not?