Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport CC 4x4
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:74
hemipowerv8 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Keep in mind any leveling kit once it gets to a certain lifting point will create vibration in 4wd from a stop to fast acceleration. That being said, who drives like that.
If going with Bilsteins, I would set them to 2.1 rather than maxing them to minimize this.
Agreed! And that's what I plan to do.

For further evidence, I had a 2.5" level on my Ram for 40,000 miles...when in 4wd it did have vibration but wasn't terrible (death wobble? not really...) but around this mileage my ball joints completely failed as did my tie rod ends...replaced most of the front end and cost a fortune...and swapped to a 2" level spacer...4wd vibration barely detectible (hard to tell if its bumpy offroad OR the truck or a bit of both but it's less than before for sure) and my front end is finishing another 40,000 miles and took a look this weekend...all still look good and tie rod ends...ehhh can go another 20,000 miles if I keep em properly greased.
So - I would agree and say NOT to do the 2.8" setting...but to go with the 2.1" from my experience.
Mods: Tint, Line-X spray in, PD emblems, Weathertech mats, Honeycomb grille, Mopar tow hooks, Magnaflow 18" and Y, Bilstein 5100s @ 2.1" & TGC rear spacer .75", Toyo All terrains 35x12.50x20, 5" black tips, BakFlip tonneau cover, 87mm tb
Next: Gorilla lifetime lug nuts, CAI, Diablo tune.