View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramadian View Post
with this new knowledge of staying at 2.1 shoul i rethink my tire size?

i looked around a bit

maybe a BFG AT 285/65? (34.5")

any suggestions?

or maybe find a 34"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
I am planning on doing the same once my ordered 2013 comes in...post some photos up if you don't mind once done.

Also - from what I have seen MOST of the manuf of the 2" leveling kits say you can run a 35" tire fine...so I would think with the Bilstein 5100 setup at 2.1" you would also be ok with a 35.

The BFG AT is a great tire, the 285/65/20 is 11.5" wide so *might* not need a wheel spacer or offset wheel - should be able to just put em on stock 20x9s and go. Which is why I am considering them...wider than stock but not too wide to where I need a spacer. Height according to the BFG site is 34.7" - so thinking the stocker is 33" tall, makes this one 1.7" taller so .85" closer to the fender...again should be ok under 2" - not sure what the height difference is but my 07 has only 2" level and have had 35s on it for 5 years. A TRUE 35" tire (Toyo MT 35x12.50) rubbed pretty bad near lock on both sides and also the side wall would rub in the rear when turning onto an incline and truck flexed a bit even with 1/4" wheel spacers on the stock 20s. BUT since then I have ran 2 sets of Toyo ATs that are 34.5" tall and love them! Full lock with some compression may get a LITTLE rub but no big deal. But these DO need 1/4" wheel spacers or I think -12 offset wheel to fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemipowerv8 View Post
Agreed! And that's what I plan to do.

For further evidence, I had a 2.5" level on my Ram for 40,000 miles...when in 4wd it did have vibration but wasn't terrible (death wobble? not really...) but around this mileage my ball joints completely failed as did my tie rod ends...replaced most of the front end and cost a fortune...and swapped to a 2" level spacer...4wd vibration barely detectible (hard to tell if its bumpy offroad OR the truck or a bit of both but it's less than before for sure) and my front end is finishing another 40,000 miles and took a look this weekend...all still look good and tie rod ends...ehhh can go another 20,000 miles if I keep em properly greased.
So - I would agree and say NOT to do the 2.8" setting...but to go with the 2.1" from my experience.

Gents

If you are going with 2.1 setting, then def consider 285/65/20 or 295/60/20.
Full 35's will rub even with the right offset rim which is +1 or 0 offset
285's will fit on your stock rim without a spacer. A member here named Rayne did use the BFG 285 tire on stock wheels which are 9" wide and it looked good.
10" it will look kinda funny
295/50/20 require a 1/4 spacer which isn't a huge thing

35's require minimum 2.5" of level to be cleared and again proper offset
You can fit a -12 or -24 but be prepared for some trimming and bending.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!