Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
Ramadian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram725 View Post
If any of you have had true death wobble, the 4wd vibration is NOT death wobble.

Death wobble is when the truck hits a bump, etc and the whole front end shakes VIOLENTLY. You lose control of the steering wheel and must pull over to regain control. Death wobble is known to happen on SFA not IFS. I had it in my 03 2500. I have never heard of the death wobble in an IFS and honestly don't know how it'd be possible.

So for those concerned, the 4wd vibration is not death wobble by any means. However, it will wear out your front end quicker. Changing any of the angles whether it be with a leveling kit, lift kit, etc will of course put more strain and wear on the front end components. Pay to play.

It might be possible to have death wobble on IFS, I guess... But I have never seen or heard of it.

I ran 35x12.50x17 BFG KM2 on my 06 Mega Cab 1500 on a 2.5" level and had minor rubbing at full lock on incline. It is important to note that the 1500 Mega Cab has SFA and sat a tad bit higher.
^^ this is why i didnt use the term "death wobble"

i had true death wobble when i did a Solid axle conversion on my 90' chev, i did not recover from it and ended up losing the truck...

Fast

i feel like i have caused a complete s**t storm on this thread so ill just keep my confusion between our PMs haha