Next to come off was all the valve covers and the heads. I had to obviously disconnect my headers from the heads first. It was a huge pain in the ass to try and get to the head bolts without dropping the headers.
Here's one of the heads taken out. They're heavier then I expected haha.
Here's a break in the head gasket on the passenger side.
Here's a break on the passenger side, also.
All my parts that are clean and ready to go. I repainted the idler arm and my coil mount, and another mount ontop the intake. Also the fuel rails are painted and the intake was hot tanked and sand blasted. Valve covers were also hot tanked sand blasted inside and out, and then repainted gloss black.
Another picture of the parts that are ready to go. Throttle body was stripped down and polished and then rebuilt.
I cleaned my heads myself instead of sending them out to be done. I probably should have had them professionaly done, but I'm a DIY kind of guy that loves his dremel tool.
Here's the finished port/polish job. Nothing crazy just wanted to get it nice and smooth. I did the same thing around the valves.
I'll keep you guys updated with more pictures as I work on it. I'm getting a top end gasket kit this week sometime, and this weekend I'll be putting the motor back together. I've got a list of stuff I need from the auto parts store!