DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Stalling out

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RogerRamJet 
#1 ·
Hi Guys.
First post here.
My 03 Laramie 4.7 has a few issues, and I don't know where to start.
Just bought it, with 247000 kms on it.
Whenever I come to a stop I'm afraid of it stalling. 3 times in the last week it has stalled when I came to a complete stop. A few times the idle went way down, at the stop, but came back up.
I have no check engine lights coming on, and it just passed the emissions test with no problems. The previous owner had this happen a couple of times, and took it in. He says they checked the plugs etc but could not find the problem.
1 time it stalled was after about an hour on the highway. The other 2 times was about 5 minutes after leaving home so it is both hot and cold.
I noticed today on the highway the RPM fluctuating 2 or 300 rpm, but not sure if its the tach or if the engine is actually revving. I think from 1500 to 1800 rpm is too little to actually hear or feel a difference.
Any help would be appreciated.
I'll gladly provide any info required if you can point me in the right direction.
Thanks
Joe

See less See more
#2 ·
Start with the AIT sensor on the air box. Take it off and clean it up. You may even want to replace it. Do that and see if it helps any. Also, when was the last time, if you know, the plugs were changed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.