DODGE RAM FORUM banner

HID Questions....

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  volcom54626 
#1 ·
Ok i have 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad cab. I bought a set of Xentec bulbs and ballast for my truck. It didn't not come with a relayed/fused wiring harness so i got one as well.

Well i went to go install the lights on the truck today and i get nothing, all i hear is the relay ticking. When i go to test the power wire coming off the headlight adapter (to tell the ballasts to turn on) the hid's will flicker once and then nothing.

Anybody have any clue?

the harness, relays, and fuses were good, as well as all the connections. I know this because whenever i would test the power wire like i said it the lights would flicker once and that was it. Other than that the relay just ticks.

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

#5 ·
Never heard of that manufacturer . Hard to believe both ballasts would be bad . Maybe check with the manufacture and see if they have any recommendations . I'm unable to install HIds on my Cadillac due to the sensitive electrical system in the car . Owners manual stated that after I started reading up on it . Let me know if you don't have any luck and I''ll see what I can come up with . Talk to ya soon . Tom

#6 ·
I have HIDs on my 04, Had to buy a simple 4 pole double throw relay, ran a fuse to battery grounded the ballast and good to go. Also wire in some resistors to them to stop the lamp out warning. Not sure if this helps but with our electrical systems they are picky

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.