DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Another exhaust Question

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  09sport 
#1 ·
So I just got my truck and am thinking of getting the Flowmaster Super 40 due to its reviews and think a 44 wold be too loud in the cab.

Now, is there any way to dampen the sound (resonance) in the cab, by maybe putting some dynamat on the under body above the exhaust or something similar??

Also anyone got pics of pipes exiting IN FRONT of the rear tires?

G
#2 ·
Yeah, adding some dynomat or other material to the floor and the backside of the cab would help. One other way to remove resonance (drone) is to add some resonators to the end of the tail pipe.

I had a truck with pipes exiting in front of the tires. On that truck, to make it work, I had to put a pretty sharp bend in the pipe to make it exit like that. It does create some flow issues when you do that but if you can do a gradual bend, it will work. Doesn't look bad at all! Sorry, I don't have a pic of that truck.

Good luck with your exhaust mod!

#3 ·
...you may have a preference for Flow's but i would consider Magnaflows instead...I ran Flow 50's for a few years (quieter then the 40's)...then tried a magnaflow and inside the cab noise literally dropped to nuthing (compared to the flows)...and my truck runs faster with them..

#5 ·
I have flowmaster 50 series on my 09 and theres about 1/3 to 1/4 less drone then in my 05 with Flowmaster 40's on it....

if your worried about drone go with the Flowmaster 50's...

Some Dynomat wouldnt hurt either...

#8 ·
flowmaster exhaust

Hey Ya'll, for what its worth, I ran a flowmaster on my hemi ram and took it off about a year later, the drone in the cab keep getting louder and louder, had it removed and installed a cherrybomb and changed the large exhaust tips to a smaller size ,and the truck sounded great , I found about the sound change by trying different tips, the larger the tip the louder the sound.
jessman02

#14 ·
[/Quote]
inside of the cab side and rear window were opened. hope could be helped:smileup:[/QUOTE]

what model Flow's are you using?

I'm gonna get something for mine soon and its hard to hear what the different models sound like

The down side is that I'm sure mine will sound nice buts it aint a hemi just standard 5.9 Magnum. Just gonna make me wanna do more
:doh:

#18 ·
I surely think it won't be a problem. lil aged engines have better sound.(just my opinion.)inside of the cab side and rear window were opened. hope could be helped:smileup:[/QUOTE]

what model Flow's are you using?

I'm gonna get something for mine soon and its hard to hear what the different models sound like

The down side is that I'm sure mine will sound nice buts it aint a hemi just standard 5.9 Magnum. Just gonna make me wanna do more
:doh:[/QUOTE]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.