DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What dirt cheap or free mods have you done?

25K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  red03ram360 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to hear what mods you guys have done for next to nothing or free.... You know what I'm talking about, that trick your grandpa showed your dad, who showed you that you will show your dad someday. Any kind of mod, be it more horsepower, lift, exhaust, or lighting, or interior work. I.E. apparently if you swap the #1 and #8 plug wires on older chevys it gives it a little lope like it has a cam. Or like you can use diesel coil springs on a half ton to get about 3 inches of lift up front.
I know you guys have some little tricks and tips and secrets out there!!!
Lets hear them!!!!!!!!!

#3 ·
Homemade CAI "Black Mamba"

LED Dash lights, bought off ebay

Silver painted interior

Air Horn for swap meet

Roll bar, free from old neighbor out of an old ford high boy
Bed stripe $50

Gutter guard grill inserts, Charger emblem nose badge, custom grille badge, tinted projector headligts with HIDs

Painted calipers, 1 done 1 to go plus the drums in the back.

Ramforumz decal and nerf bars that are off a Hummer H2

Still to come
new tails with LED lights

I also have about 90 leds to put somewhere and painting more in the interior
My motto is "why buy new when used will do" most of my stereo stuff is used, except the sub and the amp for it.

#10 ·
I do not know what cheap means haha. My cheapest mod was painting my third brake light black. Everything else drained my wallet haha

#12 ·
Tinted my tails,3rd brake and heads.......$20. Debadged the truck free.....homemade K&N cai.....$85.00......painted door panels $25.00. There is a older thread on cheap mods. Lots of good ideas in it.:smileup:

#15 ·
hockey pucks under my 03 quad cab allowed me to clear 315 70r17s without a rub, torsion bars are turned up a bit but not much. just make sure you buy good hockey pucks and good extended bolts grade twelve i believe mine were. o ya and use lock tite helps alot. all in all i think it costs about 60 bucks the rear bumper is hardly noticable and the front is easy to bring up just extend the factory slide holes. so easy and quick ive checked em ever since i did em and they are still tight and seem like their holding up good to the odd wheeling trip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.