DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Just got a Diablo predator, need some help..

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RAM4 
#1 ·
I just bought this programmer after all the good things I read on this forum. I did the 91 octane performance tune and chaged the tire size. Although I feel some diffrence I feel like it could be a bit better. I do have a borla exhaust which I havent done on the tuner. Does anyone recommend any specifics on a custom tune to get better reaction when I hit the pedal? I didnt want to mess with some of the stuff that I didnt understand on the programmer.

Any info would be great, I know alot of you guys are very happy with the predator. Also I did the 91 octane to then realize that no one around here has 91 its only 87 89 and 93. I put some 89 since it was the middle option. Anyone have any input on that?

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
What is your high octant where you live 91 or 93

ops I should have read a little farther, I use to run the 93 tune in my 08 and it ran great, I've changed mine to the 87 high performance tune so I can run 87 or 89 to get away from the high price of 93, To tell ya th truth when I run 89 in it............. it feels the same as it did with the 93 tune.

#4 ·
Thnaks Burkdadhemi, I was thinking the same about running a lower octane than what I programmed it to. I think Im going to change it to the 87 tune and use up the rest of the gas then try 93 for a bit although I hate to pay for it. Im hoping to get some good ideas setting it up on a custom tune.

#6 ·
look at the Diablo section , just under wheels and tires incase you havent seen it.
I did a thread on the upshift feature which made a huge difference and another member added some info on downshift . Mine only has the upshift feature but I believe your year has both, I would definatly recomend setting those ,thats assuming you have an Auto. Dont miss with the spark or fuel unless you really know what your doing, the features I did are part throttle upshift, rev limiter to +600, speed limiter to 190, 91 tune. Also you might want to double check your speedo if you changed the tire size, either on a dyno or have a buddy follow you in their car and compare, I have 34" tires and had to set the Predator at 33" to be accurate, good luck and have fun , its a nice little tool

#7 ·
look at the Diablo section , just under wheels and tires incase you havent seen it.
I did a thread on the upshift feature which made a huge difference and another member added some info on downshift . Mine only has the upshift feature but I believe your year has both, I would definatly recomend setting those ,thats assuming you have an Auto. Dont miss with the spark or fuel unless you really know what your doing, the features I did are part throttle upshift, rev limiter to +600, speed limiter to 190, 91 tune. Also you might want to double check your speedo if you changed the tire size, either on a dyno or have a buddy follow you in their car and compare, I have 34" tires and had to set the Predator at 33" to be accurate, good luck and have fun , its a nice little tool
Thanks for letting me know there was a diablo section. I didnt see it there. I made a few changes that I learned about in that section and it made a good diffrence. Ill look into the accuracy of the tire size. Im running 325/60 20. Im gonna do some more changes just want to do some more reading on what else to do. Last thing I want to do is break something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.