DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dragging brakes

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  mb power wagon 
#1 ·
I unhooked my ebrake cause I thought it was the cause but at low speeds I can feel my driver side brake or ebrake drag can anybody help

#7 ·
LOL the wires don't go to the caliper, they are part of the hub bearing. That's why it is important to know if you have 2 or 4 wheel ABS when you go to replace your hubs. They have nothing to do with the caliper.

Had a sticking caliper and ebrake replaced caliper brakes are amazingly better and I adjusted the ebrake to the loosest setting and now I have a abs and brake light on please help
Did you lose alot of fluid when you rebuilt/replaced the caliper? Was it bled? If you lost enough, the ABS module may need to be bled (requires diagnostic tool). Also you'll probably need to readjust your e-brake as it isn't supposed to be as loose as you make it sound.

#8 ·
LOL the wires don't go to the caliper, they are part of the hub bearing. That's why it is important to know if you have 2 or 4 wheel ABS when you go to replace your hubs. They have nothing to do with the caliper.

Did you lose alot of fluid when you rebuilt/replaced the caliper? Was it bled? If you lost enough, the ABS module may need to be bled (requires diagnostic tool). Also you'll probably need to readjust your e-brake as it isn't supposed to be as loose as you make it sound.
i understand the wires go to the hub and not the caliper but it won't cost anything to see if the wires got damaged while working on the braking system that is attached to the hub. something as simple as a slip with a wrench or ratchet when loosening or tightening bolts can hit the wires and cause damage sometimes without even realizing the slip hit the wires. thats what i was meaning. i have done it without knowing and have seen others do it as well and never knew they damaged the wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.