DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Nit Picking....

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  sonocativo 
#1 ·
I got up today to get the exhaust finnished up temporary to get it to pass safety and emmissions... Well the safety passed and the emmissions faild because of a small minor leak at the muffler, he said he can see its all new but the clamp isnt working in that spot so it needs to be welded, geeze man... like a pinhole leak and its under the rear of the bed, from what I read if a leak is not under the cab its good to go? wrong. Now its 5pm and everything is closed so now waiting on monday to come round.

#14 ·
Idiots

lol There aren't enough bullets to take out the idiots in this world.

G'Luck

#7 ·
yeah...I had 4 cars/trucks regs here in Utah...my regs on my '09 was coming due last month, had my mom start the paperwork for home....Utah is retarded....$23.50 for State, $27.50 for emissions, then another $70+ for the tags....they sent me the regs reminder in the mail saying it would be $210....HA!...nope, $23 for mom to regs in Arkansas lol

#8 ·
Yup, they wouldnt give me a piece of tape or anything...I am just going to have it welded since there wasnt really enough to clamp to on the muffler since the kid cut it so short trying to put a cherry bomb on it. Anyway, I plan to buy a dual system later down the road. So if no shops open around here tomorrow then I will knock it out monday as well as go back and get the emissions sticker then go get the tags all on one trip home.

#10 ·
That sucks, glad our inspections aren't that strict. They check the lights, horn, etc. You give them $10, they verify your license/registration, etc., sign the paper, get your sticker and out the door. Good luck passing next time, though sounds like you'll have it fixed. LMAO @ open season on idiots.....when does that start??? And I, too, like the idea of using the tape on the inspector.....:)

- Cajun

#12 ·
glad our inspections aren't that strict. They check the lights, horn, etc. You give them $10, they verify your license/registration, etc., sign the paper, get your sticker and out the door. - Cajun

They're not even that strict around here Dana... LOL the last couple times I've gone to get a vehicle inspected they filled out the sticker, had me sign the book and walked out to slap the sticker on...

They never even looked at the vehcile.... of course the last time was my '10 Ram and the time before that was my '08 Civic... guess they figured it was new enough where everything still worked

Exco

#16 · (Edited)
it was the emissions inspection, they said there was a small leak at the muffler and since the kid who owned it before cut it so close ( trying to install a cherry bomb) that there wasnt enough pipe on the muffler to clamp a good seal. Since the shop had the welder out, they went ahead and welded the whole thing and added the hanger in the center for the same price...no additional charges, that was cool of them.

and the end results got these...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.