DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Recon Projector Headlights, Taillights, 3rd Brake Light On Its Way

5K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Bordin 
#1 ·
Well after trying to open my headlights, which turned into a total fail..

I decided to go the route I shouldve went in the first place. Only thing Im not happy with is, I will be losing my HID low beams.. they were only 60 bucks but still. I think its worth it

Ordered a set of Recon Projectors, Tails, and 3rd brake light to add onto my white beauty.
Heres what they look like and the prices. They are processing the order as we speak and getting shipped via FedEx to canada. So maybe next days off Ill get to put them on.

Hate working 8 days away from home ha

See less See more
#2 ·
can't speak for the headlights but you'll be really happy with the tails and 3rd light...they look amazing (especially on white) and the output is awesome

#3 ·
I Love the black and white contrast. I was just going to spray my tails but I decided to treat myself to something a bit more expensive.

They look awesome on your truck though. Just pissed i need to wait till next days off to install... Damn work

#4 ·
Install on the rear end took 20 minutes total so I'm sure you could fit it in :p

#6 ·
Depending on where you got your HID's you can just get replacement bulbs for the ballasts/cancellors. I actually made that mistake and ordered stock bulbs when I needed H1, (I think) for my aftermarkets halo's. Only cost $20 with shipping or so.

#15 ·
55W & OEM Harness!

Is this possible???

I thought that it is not practical for the Quad headlamps especially it will be wear and tear on the Ballasts?? Am i right????

I some other places for different cars, I found that the High wattage could melt the original OEM harness.. is this true for the Dodge RAM? Did anyone try installing the 55W HID Kit??

Please post some pics when your done.. I'm very interested to see how it looks.

Thanks,
Sherif

#13 ·
I have the tails & 3rd brake light installed already on my truck. When I was home last I didnt get to install the headlights. I get to do that when I am on R&R in a few more weeks. They are sitting in my garage along with my Oracle 8K HID low beams. I can wait!

#17 ·
Wow those will look sharp but i have to say mighty pricey, i got the same smoke led 3 rd brake and tails, and black housing projector headlights for $280, look amazing the fit and finish was perfect and have not had a problem in over a month and the halogen bulbs are awesome so far, want to do low beam HID and Fogs in HID just dont want to deal with the problems with wiring low beam HID's haha

#20 ·
Congrats, but you spent over 1000 on this. I got my headlights for $2 bills, they are better then the ones you ordered. And the Recon tail lights and everything are overpriced. You could have gotten this all for under $500 and better quality parts.

Just saying, next time shop around more.

#23 ·
thoes are gonna look soooo sweet on your truck bud and i cant wait for the installed pics

#26 ·
LOL @ sullivan "mine are better" , and why is that?

Anyway Justin, Your truck is getting to be bad ass, I can't wait to see everything on it. Your next photo op is going to be a drastic change. I was actually looking into the recon's myself a couple of months ago before I bought the anzo ones. Anyway, just thought I would drop a bit of info for other people who are looking to buy some aftermarket lights for their trucks in the future.

The ebay lights that look like the recon lights that are only $300 on ebay, well, they are the exact same lights. 100% serious. There was a group buy for them on another forum and they are made in the same factory, just different brands put their name on them. That being said, I would imagine that the customer service that you get from recon (should you run into any problems), is probably better than some of the other companies pedalling these lights. The lights that are only for dual beam rams will also work in rams with quads. I know because I asked Jeremy (0212353) and he informed me that the wiring is the same up to the headlights is the same, and the beam wiring is split inside of the quad headlight. So I ordered a set, and sure enough he was right, they work fine.

Back to the topic at hand...

#29 ·
Can't Wait for Install Pics Bordin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.