DODGE RAM FORUM banner

FMJJ03 Training day build 2013 R/T

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 · (Edited)
Wanting to get this thread started to track everything. Bought the truck on Thursday and got a picture of it today so I can start cataloging it.

I've been a Jeep guy for a while now and have always wanted an R/T since I first seen one in '09. The opportunity popped up so here I am. I have a lot of experience building Jeeps but 0 experience on trucks and 0 experience building something to go fast. I'm used to building to go anywhere! :box:

This is going to be a fun build. Stick with me for the long haul on it folks I work on a budget like the rest of ya. If all goes according to plan, next month is intake, header, exhaust, tuner month.

Pic from today, 2 days after purchase (had 2/4 belltech already)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thank you sir. I'm 99% sure that picture is showing upside down to everyone... I've uploaded it right side up and upside down. Both ways it still uploads upside down. Gotta take a break its getting frustrating been trying for an hour now.

Picture will be corrected soon.

Edit - Corrected

#4 ·
Thinking seriously of having a few things professionally painted Gloss Black. List would include:

Ram badge on tailgate
Ram badge on grill
Hemi badge on driver and passenger side
R/T badge on grill and tailgate

Couldn't find any pictures on the forum with paint work like this but I know it exists. I'm sure its not an original idea so if anyone has a picture or know where one is point me in the right direction please.

#6 ·
Love that thing! Its going to be a beast next month! I also agree with getting those things painted black, always looks good to black out. Looks great bud! Congrats!

#8 ·
Got some goodies in the other day. Borla, y pipe, DS t-1000, Vararam

So exciting when the delivery truck comes. Headers should be here Tuesday. Thanks Bullys!

#10 ·
Factory painted gloss black ram badges on the grill and tailgate installed today. Pics tomorrow when its daylight. Hopefully headers show up tomorrow too.

#11 ·
Ohhhhh this is beautiful. Hopefully the exhaust shop can get me in tomorrow to have the whole system installed. Fingers crossed. Again, thanks Andrew and Bullys!

Another rainy nasty day today so pics of black emblems on True Blue will be later.

#12 ·
Painting of side hemi badges gloss black?

Any suggestions on how to get a good gloss black coat on the 2 side Hemi badges? I don't want to use the plastdip because its not glossy like the factory job. I have the black express and want to add the omitted side badges but only as all glossy black - maybe keep the red lettering. Getting them painted professionally sounds like a waste of money. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.