DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Alright y'all, lets see some pictures

202K views 597 replies 222 participants last post by  h2oman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Post up some pics or your dodge doing what it does best!

Attachments

See less See more
#183 ·
I'm not familiar with that bumper but the center section that bent doesn't appear to be tubing to me. Either way, any bumper would have bent with that impact. The bolt on aspect doesn't matter, it did it's job, saved the truck. Some body panels and minor work and the truck is good as new.

#184 ·
Yea that bumper served its purpose. I wonder how much worse if the bumper wasn't there

#185 ·
Grill smashed, bumper unrepairable, Radiator wouldn't be functional and hood would have been crunched a bit for sure. 5k+ pounds of truck into most bolt on bumpers offered would have ended up looking just like that in similar circumstances. Most of it is .095 Tubing welded together, and when they designed these bars it's mostly asthetical with some practicality behind it. I'm pretty sure at no point in time they designed/engineered this with the idea that someone would nose first into a dune going to fast and expect it to be used as a safety measure. It's there to hold some lights and increase ground clearance over stock while you go out and have some fun. With that said, if that N-Fab hadn't been there I'm pretty damn sure the front end would look worse and they wouldn't have drove it back home :smileup: Any product not used for it's intentional purpose will fail under abnormal circumstances.

#195 ·
The whole point of a "prerunner" type bumper is to be nose dived into a dune. Or a rock, or a riverbed, etc. He would have been better off with a factory bumper, simply because it is "softer" (ie would have collapsed much more) and is bolted to the truck in four. places opposed to two.

The nickname "N'Fail" exists among those of us who work in the industry for a reason.

#192 ·
Here is our trip in July to camp. These are the back roads around the area from our camp on the water nestled in the woods.

Attachments

#193 ·
awesome looking trail!! truck is gorgeous!

#194 ·
@Jacksonsnorth - Gotta love them back/dirt roads up in Maine. Can bring you to a lot of cool areas. I know out by where I am there is a "road" (more like a path) that can be taken down to a lake area, where an old railroad crosses the lake. The rail road is underwater but it's only by a foot or so, so you can walk out there and what not. Haven't been there yet myself, but I plan on going. Gotta love explorin'.

#197 ·
hahaha desertrunner got banned!!!!! about time hahaha

shayne, love the look of the truck! those 2nd gens are just tanks!

#199 ·
lmao you can just give me the reps haha

#200 ·
Desertrunner banned??? :4-dontknow: awwww, I'm going to miss his witt and playful banter , his supportive and helpful comments and and his quest to make as many friends as possible on this site ..........wait, maybe I'm thinking of someone else :LOL:

#201 ·
lol yea, i bet he was just blowing smoke out of his butt anyways. how you want to build your truck is fine with me, im not going to tell you its "wrong" just because its not how i would do it.

#203 ·
RG3, i really shouldve done my stripes angled like yours...instead mine just go up and down from wheel well to hood

#205 ·
exactly the new logo is sweet! nice to meet you Buddy and welcome!

#207 ·
Buddy- i like that truck! Im thinking about doing black stripes on my red truck that are like yours

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.