DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Meguiar's Products

4K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  ic3dt3 
#1 ·
I will vouche for these products and they will be the only cleaning products that touch my truck!!!

It took me about 5 hours last sunday but I finally got it done...I washed the truck with the Meguiars car wash liquid then dried it off then moved the truck into the garage and started with the paint treatment "Step 1" bottle which when I was done I could tell a difference in the paint.

It was still a little rough but thats what it does then I started on the "Step 2" which is the Polish and i saw the life come back into the color and got a lot of the roughness out.

"Step 3" is the best part! The Carnuaba Wax. This step made the paint so smooth and slick that even the sun wont stay on the paint! It takes some time to apply all this but the end result is well worth the pain and effort! :smileup:

Just thought I would share

#8 ·
No but you could get the clay bar and use it before you start the polishing. You have to wash the truck use the clay bar then wash the truck then start the steps of the system. Becarefull with clay bar though its easy to use but if you over use it, it can damage your paint.

#17 ·
I use mainly Meguiar's products in my detailing business. They are economical and powerful products that deliver the consistent results I demand for my customers.

Their All-Purpose Cleaner is quite simply an amazing and versatile product. At 10:1 it has enough power to clean tires, carpets, dash and trim, vinyl and even leather.

Their HyperDressing is no slouch either. At 4:1, it leaves a natural matte finish that is non-greasy and doesn't attract dust; perfect for interiors. At 2:1 or 3:1 it leaves a great semi-gloss look for exterior trim, tires and wheel wells.

And if any of you guys use a buffer, the M105 & M205 is the best polishing combo I've tried so far. It cuts fast and leaves a beautiful finish.

You just can't go wrong with these products, IMO.

#20 ·
I use mainly Meguiar's products in my detailing business. They are economical and powerful products that deliver the consistent results I demand for my customers...You just can't go wrong with these products, IMO.
Great to hear this from someone who knows their business vs. my trial and error aka dumb luck :)

What to you think of the Mother's Ball for consumer use? I know it's not professional grade, but am tempted to get one and try it out on top of either the cleaner or the carnuba polish/wax.

Thanks in advance.
:smiley_thumbs_up:

#18 ·
yeah I started 3 stepping 5 or 6 years ago. Haven't switched since. I tend to do more clay bar then polish th an using all three steps. I got thier scratch removal a couple weeks ago but haven't tried it out yet. I have no doubt it will work. Rockford try clay bar and then polish and wax, you should like the results.

#19 ·
I use Clay Bar with Showtime, Cleaner/Sealer Wax, then Carnuba/Polish wax. On a new truck you don't need Clay Bar, that's more for getting crud out of the clear coat that's been there for awhile. Honestly the truck is not that much of a challenge give newer paint, and somewhat "dirt-friendly" colors, so I'd rather show results from a 1991 SE-R I own, it's a) black b) 18 year old paint/150k miles. Now that's a challenge to keep looking good - here after 3-step process:

Anyone who has ever had a black vehicle know's it's not easy to keep clean and they show every flaw in paint. Look at the pass side reflection here, all done by hand, too.

#22 ·
On a new truck you don't need Clay Bar, that's more for getting crud out of the clear coat that's been there for awhile.

That's not always true. Most trucks sit on the lot for maybe months. Mine had all kind of crap on it when I got it. I wouldn't even let them touch it to deliver it to me. I did it all myself. I went back to the dealer a couple days later for something. The salesman said that was much better than anything they would have done.

#21 ·
I guess I'm the oddball, I just can NOT get along with Meguiar's. The wax is decent, IMO, the plastic restoration stuff is good, IMO, but the soap is TERRIBLE, IMO of course.

I use a combination of things on my truck and my wife's Z3. Rain X or Blue Coral soap, 3M Rubbing Compound, 3M Hand Glaze wax, Mother's Chrome Polish, Binswanger Glass Cleaner, and oftentimes, Black Magic Tire Wet are what I use for the outside. Armor-All High Gloss for the inside.

Luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.