DODGE RAM FORUM banner

MDS/ECO Indication in 2013 Ram 1500

15K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GTyankee 
#1 ·
Hi, question for everyone regarding MDS in the 2013 Rams. I have a new 2013 Ram 1500, and I have never seen an MDS or ECO indication come on. I've put about 2000km on so far, so if it was disabled while the seals were breaking in I would expect it to have activated by now.

Does the MDS have any indication when it comes on? Or is it maybe not working?

Cruising at highway speeds, I was getting about 16mpg (14.5 l/100) if that gives any indication about whether or not the MDS is working.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I never saw it come on until I set up the EVIC to show ECO mode. Now the little green "ECO" comes on In the Lower Left hand corner just outside the EVIC

#4 ·
That is new for 2013 with the new EVIC. You can now select where or not to show ECO mode. If it were mine, that indicated would be turned off. I prefer to only have the information that is important to me and I could care less about 'ECO'. It's a 6000Lbs full size truck....there is nothing 'ECO' about it! :shakehead:

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I was looking in the console setup, never thought to look in the Radio's display settings :i_rolleyes:

I like to have this display when I am doing a long highway drive and not towing, and I want to set the cruise so that it stays on 4 cylinder most of the time.

#6 ·
If you look at my EVIC on my 2009, back then it was called FUEL SAVER, not ECO
I had my Cruise Control set, it was quite warm out, ( 45 C ) 125.5 KPH, i was driving on fairly flat terrain

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.