DODGE RAM FORUM banner

catch can

565 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Asur 
#1 ·
is there any way these catch cans can affect our warranty? tks all

#2 ·
I would imagine anything you modify from stock could potentially cause you a hassle at the dealer, depending on the situation and the dealership"s attitude towards mods. I'm not saying you couldn't get a successful warranty claim, just that it might be more difficult. I would think the best plan would be to find out how your DS feels about mods and warranty work, and react accordingly. If they're cool, no worries. If not, just put it back to stock before taking it in. JMO.

#3 ·
In addition to what Ram EM indicated, it would also depend on what the warranty claim is for, because if the catch can or any other mod for that matter, is not involved or related to the problem, the manufacturer cannot deny a claim. For example if you have a defect and submit a warranty claim for your brakes. But a conversation with your dealer is a good suggestion.

#4 ·
Like stated it all depends on the dealer and more importantly the CUSTOMER attitude.

When I worked for my local BMW dealer if we seen any modded cars with anything except DINAN on them, We did not warranty anything in that area. EX: if you had lowering springs and the car needed control bushings due to wear. We did not warranty them, but if the eng needed a cam sensor we warrantied it. NOW if it was DINAN springs we could warranty them. BMW sells DINAN thru some of their dealers so they say it is OK. I have even seen that dealer NOT warranty a suspension issue due to aftermarket wheels even if they were the same size as the OEM.

My local dealer will be cool with any mods I do. I worked for them for 5 years before they sold the BMW franchise.

MY current MB dealer is on a case by case deal. IT all depends on the customer, what was done, could it have effected the failure, etc.

I would think a catch can would be ok. IMO you are catching the oil before it enters back into the intake so you wont have as much carbon issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.