DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Dodge Ram Lift/Tire Setup Thread

752K views 789 replies 224 participants last post by  Stoneco 
#1 ·
Ok so here are the rules:

This is the place to post a pic of your truck with a lift or other than stock tires and wheels.

1) Two pictures per setup

2) Please list lift height/brand, wheel size/backspacing/brand, tire size/brand, any rubbing yes or no.

3) Pictures should be of your rig preferably from the side and on a level surface.

This will help people in choosing where they want their Ram's to be, and to avoid future "what will my truck look like with XX" of lift and XX" tires threads.

Leave questions and Comments for the talk section. If you need to comment or ask questions please PM, or reference the post number in this thread, in a separate thread.

Lets get this thread going and hopefully we can get the mods to sticky it for us!

#38 · (Edited)
04 1500 4x4
2" ready lift level
33x12.5 Dick Cepek FC-II tires
stock wheel
no rubbing

Back sits low in the pic because I had my snowmobile in the box

tossing the idea of lifting it after the winter is over... issue I have is how long I feel I will have this truck... probably keep it 3 years max so to put 3 grand for a lift plus another 3 grand for wheels and tires... and I just spent 1900 on the 33's I have on it.

#41 ·
2007 Ram 1500 SLT
Performance Accessories 5 inch Premium Lift
Federal Couragia M/t 35x12.50x20
Pro Comp ES 9000 Shocks. (want to upgrade so some mx6)

#42 ·
2011 Sport QC 4x4
3.75" Rough Country lift, Procomp 8101 17x9 4.75BS Wheels, wraped with 305/70/17 BFG All-Terrain. No rubbing at all "perfect size any bigger and would have problems, any smaller and they look small! I'm very happy and not worried about anything wheen wheeling.

#43 ·
Rough Country 6" Suspension lift
Bilstien Adjustable struts set at 2.8"
Top Gunz Customs 1.5" Rear spacer
37x12.50x20 Super Swamper SSR
Fuel Hostage 20x10 -24mm 4.5" Backspacing
Lots of other mods............:D

#46 · (Edited)
^ No sir, not close to rubbing either.

Started putting on my body lift this morning, got both bumpers off and everything ready to go just had to do the body mounts. Wife called me and the puppy had gotten into some stay fresh packets. The "do not eat" ones. So I was forced to put it back together. Should get it done next weekend, then axle swap/gears and bigger meats soon to follow :D

Heres what she looked like. PreInstall measurements were 47.75"f/48.5"r

#48 ·
Your truck is an inspiration...seriously. Seeing it makes me wonder if I should have skipped on the chrome bumpers and when with the color matched.

I'm new to this whole lifting thing...what does the 37 and 12.50 refer to in the tire size?
37" refers to the overal diameter of the tire, stock on this treuck would be 33" tall for reference

12.5" refers to the overal width of this tire
stock probably would have been around 10.5" ( or was on my truck anyways)

#57 ·
Leveling Kit

I have been wanting to level my 4X2 2012 Dodge Ram 1500. Line-x of San Antonio offers a 2.5 inch daystar coil spacer that for the front end. I have seen pictures so I know that it will give it that better leveled look and I plan on getting a little bigger/wider tires after the installation. My main reason for doing this is because i thought it might redistibute the weight a litttle more towards the back wheels and tires. I slip way to much as it is with giving it just a little push and i was hoping this might help. The guy from line-x said he dosn't think it will help performance wise in the way or distibuting some weight to the back. He said its just looks and can get a tire size or two up.. So now I'm not so sure it is worth the 350$ that they were going to charge for everything inc parts labor and alignment. Any ideas because to me I don't see how it won't redistribute the weight.. but I am no expert on cars & trucks either. Please let me know what yall think!!

#61 · (Edited)
6" ProComp
295/75/18 Nitto Trail Grappler
18" Fuel Octane rims
upgrades coming

Have to take some new pics got the front up a little more and looking to install Bilstiens adjustables,and bigger tires

#72 ·
Ok here is some new pics with the lift fixed, when they installed the lift they left out the preload spacers now they are there and the rack is not so drastick,still going to get the bilstiens for the front,thought I would throw in my new emblems as well.

#63 ·
I've got an '07 with 2" leveling kit w/ Trail Grappler 295/60/20 on it now. Thinking of taking off the level kit and going w/ 4" lift. My question is do u guys think those tires are big enough or will they look small under a 4" lift.

#66 ·
7" Suspension system
3" body
38x12.50x16.5 Swamper TSL SX's
No rubbing.

Attachments

#71 ·
Bilstein 2.8"
35x12.50R20 Toyo MT
Fuel Hostage 20x10

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Rim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.