DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bilstein 5100 with 6" Suspension Lift Question

6K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  blackonblack13 
#1 ·
I have seen quite a few people on here with 6" suspension lifts that have also added the Bilstein 5100s to add another 2 inches of lift. I am curious as to how tis is working for you guys considering ( at least in my case with the Pro Comp lift) that the lift actually adds 6in in front with 4 in the back leveling out the truck. Its seems the Bilstein's adding the addition lift in front would give it a front high stance. Am I missing something here?

I know a lot of these people here have posted pics of their lift but our internet restrictions out here seem to filter or block most of the posted pictures from displaying so I havent been able to see for myself.

i ask because its seems my lift installed for some reason is about an inch shorter than most other lifted 4th gen 1500s that I have come across, even compared to those with the same Pro Comp lift. So I woudlnt mind getting an addition 2 inches out of it with out risking excessive wear on my CV joints.

Thanks for any advice/input you may have with this.

#3 ·
I just double checked and actually the Pro Comp is a 6/5" also (been about a year and half since i installed it and a few months since i have actually seen my truck). Did you just add the 5100's up front or all around? Could save a few bucks if I kept the Pro Comp Shocks in the rear, especially since I will be adding airbags back there.

#5 ·
Ok. I know they have the 5100 non adjustable shocks for the rear which is what i was referring to but that answers my question. Thanks. One other question for you. Those Lamin-X blackouts you have, do they degrade you headlight performance much?

#11 ·
Scott, real quick....add 4.5 + 2.8 ?????

Was that a 1" thick spacer?? Regardless its still 7.3" of lift :)

His pro comp lift uses 2 3/8" thick preload spacers that are stacked to give 1.5" of lift. Now if he doesnt have that then he got ***** and will go up 2.8"....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.