DODGE RAM FORUM banner

What's needed for front LED turn signals???

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  RogerRamJet 
#1 ·
I know I need two load resistors and 3157 LED's. But do I need the CAN BUS?? Non CAN BUS?? Or CK LED's??? Non CK LED's???

I'm ordering from superbrightleds

#6 ·
What wires did u tap into for that resistor?? And I don't know if I want the switchbacks because I don't want them SUPER BRIGHT!!! I have switchbacks in my reverse lights. I just want LED's for the DRLs. Not too bright but something better than the weak yellow. They look weird with my AAC square halos!

#7 ·
I tapped in to the ground and high or blinker wire, the wire that is hot when you use the turn signal. With the resistor in-line, it fools the flasher relay to thinking there is still a regular bulb in the socket.

#9 ·
I know the ground is black, as for the high and low, I don't. I took a volt meter and read which one was hot when I turned the running lights on. Process of elimination means the third is the high/blinker wire. I think I recall someone saying it was the two outside wires going in to the connector.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.