DODGE RAM FORUM banner

New set up advice

807 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brandonjansen 
#1 ·
I decided to raise the truck and put some 35's on it. Now I'm working on power to push the beast down the road. The plan is k&n cai, bully dog hemi plus (both of which are already installed), 78 ported TB and a 24" magnaflow. Was wondering if anyone had a similar setup and had good gains? Estimated hp and tq gains? Opinions? Thanks

#4 ·
Why only a 24" Magnaflow muffler? Are you trying to keep it as quiet as stock?

Honestly with all those mods you're maybe look at around 40 HP which is not going to be a huge difference on a 6000 pound truck. But they should definitely help. The tuner especially as it will increase the drivability of the truck like crazy!

Gears would definitely be a good thing. On a 2011 you can still change the gears fairly easily. Especially if you're only going to 3.92's. Personally I would recommend going to 4.10's if you're going to do it.... it just makes more sense.

#5 ·
I do want to keep the cabin noise down. Had an 18" on a quad cab and it had bad cabin drone at 55 to 65 in top gear which is what I mainly drive at. This one is a crew so I don't know if it would make a difference. Any idea of cost to go to a 3.02 on a 4x4? 4.10 may really eat gas but I guess it may not be much difference that the 3.92. New to the 4x4 and truck building. Mostly mess with my motorcycles.

#6 ·
Going with 4.10's and 35's will give you a similar ratio to 3.55's with the stock 33's. It should work really nicely for you.

I'm not sure what the cost would be as I haven't looked into it much. I would guess you're looking at around $1000 to do front and back with labor but that's a complete shot in the dark. I would call around a bit to find out some pricing on the gears and then a few local shops to find out labor prices. Then you'll really know what you're looking at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.