DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Is a 1.75" Rear Coil Spacer too much???

10K views 37 replies 7 participants last post by  fastNugly @ RP 
#1 ·
I am putting the Bilstein 5100's on all 4 corners @ 2.8", 1.25" Body Lift, and ordered a 1.75" rear coil spacer...The more I think about it is that going to be too much? I am wanting more of a leveled look but want the rear higher for load purposes although for the majority of the time there won't be a load...What do ya'll think???

#2 ·
if you go 2.1 you will be pretty close to level, depending on your factory rake of 2.5-3.5", if you go 2.8 you might be a little nose high in which case i would suggest a 3/4" spacer, if you are on the lower side that is, if you are on the higher side i would not recommend a rear spacer as you will not look level at all and possibly even worse than stock, i am not familiar with a 1.75 rear coil spacer, but i do know they manufacture 3/4", 1", and 1.5" in my build log i have a lift with 2.75" procomp shocks in the front and a 1.5" spacer if you check it out that would give you an idea of what you would likely look like at 2.1 with a 3" factory rake as i have almost exactly a 1" rake on my truck, however dont look at how tall the truck is just at the rake as you can not achieve my height with just adjustable shocks, and make sure when you order your shock you get the proper ones for the rear as they are not the same as the front :)

We have a shock upgrade kit onsale right now for all 4 corners of your truck check it out, best prices available :)
http://discountautoperformance.com/..._info&cPath=44_35_40_41_48_70&products_id=131

Hope this info helps, let us know what you end up going and show us some pics too we love to see everyones trucks and mods:)

thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
Discount Auto Performance
855-432-3278

#3 ·
if you go 2.1 you will be pretty close to level, depending on your factory rake of 2.5-3.5", if you go 2.8 you might be a little nose high in which case i would suggest a 3/4" spacer, if you are on the lower side that is, if you are on the higher side i would not recommend a rear spacer as you will not look level at all and possibly even worse than stock, i am not familiar with a 1.75 rear coil spacer, but i do know they manufacture 3/4", 1", and 1.5" in my build log i have a lift with 2.75" procomp shocks in the front and a 1.5" spacer if you check it out that would give you an idea of what you would likely look like at 2.1 with a 3" factory rake as i have almost exactly a 1" rake on my truck, however dont look at how tall the truck is just at the rake as you can not achieve my height with just adjustable shocks, and make sure when you order your shock you get the proper ones for the rear as they are not the same as the front :)

We have a shock upgrade kit onsale right now for all 4 corners of your truck check it out, best prices available :)
http://discountautoperformance.com/..._info&cPath=44_35_40_41_48_70&products_id=131

Hope this info helps, let us know what you end up going and show us some pics too we love to see everyones trucks and mods:)

thanks
Jeremiah Hinkle
855-432-3278
Thanks, but I ordered all 4 last week from Allshocks.com for $355 shipped to my door. Thinking I might order a 3/4" or 1" spacer and return the 1.75"...:4-dontknow: I guess we will see how it looks...

#5 · (Edited)
There is a problem I see here.....
You will not be able to use that rear coil spacer on the rear 5100's as it will extend the travel of the shock and it will not react or feel the same.
The max you can put in with the 5100 rear is 1" rear coil spacer.

This is not a problem. A) return it and continue to use your stock shock B) exchange it for a 5125 that has a longer travel to support the addition 3/4". I would get one that allows for 2" addition.

Bilsteins at 2.8 on a stock truck will level your truck out. You may find it too level and may appear at times as nose high.
Average rake on our rams is 2.75".
With the 1.75" rear coil spacer you will have 1.5-1.75" rake yet again. 1" less than stock, but still a rake.
Not bad, if you like that.....

But if you want to eliminate the rake but have some and use the 5100 in the rear, get a 1". you will more than likely have 3/4" rake which to me is perfect and it will allow you to haul some weight in the rear without it looking like a cali lean.....LOL

My take and IMO - return/exchange that rear coil spacer for 1" or 1.25" if you want 1" of rake, but 1" is perfect and run everything you have.

Want to see a member with this exact setup?
Look up Bocephus. He has maxed Bilsteins, 1.25" body lift and 1" rear coil spacer with the 5100 in the rear as well.
I also think Newfiebullet also has something similar, so look him up as well

Great looking lift if you ask me :smileup:

#6 ·
You'll just have quite a bit of rake. If you run a rear spacer I'd do a 1". BTW those rear bilstien shocks will be fine with the 1.75"spacer. They allow up to an inch of rear lift bc their an inch longer than the stockers....

#8 ·
i agree with Andrew, and candy you are correct on the 5100's. I personally would do a 5125 with 12" or 14" of travel OP if you are considering this all can be found in our store at discountautoperformance.com/store

Any other questions let us know :)!

Thanks
Jeremiah
855-432-3278

#9 ·
Those 5100s are 10" travel at 16 collapsed to 26 extended.....thats only 2-2.5" shorter than the 6" lift rcx shocks :Wow1:

If he went to 12"-14", I'd suggest limiting straps or coil retainers. Losing a coil on a trail would be a pita......but too much flex is way better then not enough flex :smileup:

#17 ·
Thanks for the advice guys!!! I got the body kit in yesterday, coil spacers should come today, and Bilsteins will be here monday...Looks like I got a project for next weekend!!! I am going to order a 1" spacer tho and try it out first...if I want a little more I will put the 1.75" in...if not I will return it. I can't wait to get it in!!!

#22 ·
Thanks for that pic...I can really tell that the 1.75" spacers are going to be too much...I think I am going to go with the 1" spacers...what size tires are you running with the stock rims?

I am thinking about putting the body lift on tomorrow...but gotta be done by 3 so I can watch Georgia whip some azz in the SEC Championship game...

#29 ·
i have never seen someone using a procomp nitro level kit here on the boards, however i have read review about them other places and never really heard anything negative about them

and as far as the airaid goes GET ONE GET ONE GET ONE, lol, they are awsome they sounds really good and install in about an hour. I have one on my truck and love it.

Jeremiah
855-432-3278

#25 ·
fstasfck-- I had done what you are thinking of doing the 1.25 bl bilstiens maxed at 2.8 up front with a 1.75" spacer in rear honestly it looks perfect it has just enough rake to look good with a small load in the back or towing i think just uner an inch. however i did not put 5100 s on rear but was planning to but i see this will not work due to the shock not being long enough. so if you use the oem rear shock and have the original 3 inch rake some do some don't it will look good. body lift agreed with above have a few drill bits on hand for redrilling bumper brackets and the exhaust will move up nicely by just loosening the bolt furthest back and tapping pipe up. you will have to trim lower rad shield a little or leave it off i trimmed mine don't like leaving parts off good luck

#33 ·
the white ram picture is decieving look at the house and road the road is down hill making the truck look like it has quite a rake in turn looking high in the back . my picture is on level ground. like i said i have a little less than a inch rake i gained a real 3.75" in front and 3.00" in rear with bilstiens at 2.8 and 1.75" coil spacer and body lift i could have put 35" tire on but did not want to run spacers with factory wheels

#37 ·
Well I ordered the 1" today and will try it first...if I like it I will send the 1.75" back...if I want a little more I will throw the 1.75" in and use the 1" as a cool garage ashtray or something...:LOL:
But from the majority of the pics I have seen, I think the 1" is going to suit me just fine!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.